Delivered at no cost to fire personnel in Texas, fire extension programs bring the highest quality training directly to departments and agencies across Texas. This diverse training combines classroom knowledge with hands-on training that satisfies both certification and continuing education requirements. Standard-based training such as Pro Board and the Texas Commission on Fire Protection is available, as well as National Fire Academy and State Firefighters' and Fire Marshals’ Association training courses. Regional training managers are available to help assess and facilitate training and schools to meet individual department needs and can provide information about rural assistance program for volunteer fire departments and the grant assistance program for career fire departments. The fire extension program's goal is to provide exceptional, standard-based training to fire and emergency service personnel to protect life and property in every region throughout Texas.
- Regionalized Training Managers to better serve you
- Delivered at no cost to personnel in Texas
- Host department/agency provides facility, students, and in some cases, reproduction of the student manuals
- Training for you, close to you
- Courses meet or exceed the requirements of the NFPA, SFFMA, and/or TCFP
- NFA field and direct delivery courses are also offered