As long as the training covers the objectives of the SFFMA Certification Program, each of the following options credits toward certification.
- Training through a regularly organized fire department
- Training through any state or federal agency (including all branches of the military, as well as through TEEX-ESTI)
- Training through an accredited college or university
- Training from an instructor with SFFMA or TCFP Instructor I (or higher) certification
- Training as documented with an IFSAC or ProBoard seal
- Training from an approved for-profit training provider
- Training from uniquely qualified individuals
On this last option, a “uniquely qualified individual” must have the approval of the department’s fire chief and certification coordinator. An example would be a manufacturer representative providing vehicle familiarization training.